Sunday, September 23, 2007

Bad Business



Here's one for the books. A well-known convenient store in Iowa City (should I say the name? maybe I will, maybe I won't): Soft drink cups fell on the floor and the clerk picked them up & put them back in the rack. When addressed, the grimy guru of grub rejoined with a "there's nothing wrong with them. They were only on the floor." When re-addressed that this wasn't particularly clean the clerk replied, "If you don't like it you don't have to shop here."
Now, I'll give but one example of why I'll take this purveyor of personal patronage up on his offer and never drink from this store's fountain again. I have dogs. I rent to people who have dogs. I know what gathers on the bottom of shoes.

Oh, okay - another example. I stepped on a big hairy cockroach and then walked over to get myself a fountain pop.

I think we all get the picture.

P.S. Delimart 1st Ave. Iowa City.

The end.

No comments: